WHO: Grammy Award winning artist Nas and radio personality Minya “Miss Info” Oh sit down with West Coast’s multi platinum Hip Hop group Cypress Hill
WHAT: Mass Appeal/Spotify Original podcast The Bridge: 50 Years of Hip Hop is a talk show that features lively conversations with a plethora of guests ranging from iconic rappers, producers, to today’s popular artists to explore the ways in which hip hop influenced society. Episode description below.
In a very candid conversation, Cypress Hill recalls:
- The making of their hit single, ‘How I Could Just Kill A Man’. (02:30-03:30 )
- Rammellzee becoming an inspiration to their distinct sound. (07:30- 09:00 )
- Where they came from and what it was like coming to NY (14:30-17:00 )
- How the industry tried to exploit their Latin heritage (23:00- 25:00 )
- How they got banned from Saturday Night Live. (27:00- 29:30)
WHEN: New episodes released weekly
WHY: The Bridge: 50 Years of Hip Hop is part of one of many digital activations that will be rolled out over the course of the next two years Mass Appeal’s #HipHop50 multi-tiered campaign. The cross-platform initiative will celebrate, acknowledge and honor 50 years of Hip Hop through unscripted series and features, music releases, podcasts, interactive programming and digital shorts by and about some of the foremost names in the genre.